Cavanaghs of Charleville Ltd. is one of Munster’s leading dealerships, and is based on the Limerick Road, Charleville, Co. Cork. It’s a Main Ford Dealer & Transit Centre and also has a significant Aftersales and Parts business including the Hyundai aftersales agency. It has won the Ford Chairman’s Award of Excellence multiple times within the Ford Network, a current Deloitte Best Managed Company and also is a past winner of the prestigious Franchised Dealer of the Year Award from the SIMI. The company currently employs 50 full time staff.
We are currently taking applications for the following positions:
Arising from the continued expansion of our business, we are now seeking to fill this role. This position will require leadership, organisation and delegation skills with due care and attention to all business stakeholders. Reporting to the Financial Controller and the General Manager, the successful candidate will have shared responsibility for:
- Preparing monthly and annual management accounts; Profit & Loss account and Balance Sheet. In addition, the provision of regular, accurate and meaningful daily/weekly/monthly reports to the General Manager and Board of Directors as required.
- Advising the General Manager and Directors on the fiscal policies of the company and ensuring adherence to same and to advise as necessary on the financial affairs of the business through professional expertise and in co-operation with the Financial Controller.
- Monitoring financial performance and production of Key Performance Indicators for all departments.
- Bank reconciliation and reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Monitoring and review of the dealership’s borrowings, cash flow and liquidity, briefing the General Manager and/or Directors daily.
- Responsibility for debtors, creditors and stock and ensuring an optimum cash operating cycle. Monitoring of stocking levels of vehicles and parts and advise to management on same.
- Production of weekly and monthly targets/budgets for all departments in line with the dealership Business Plan.
- Ensuring all external reporting requirements are complied with – CSO, PAYE, VAT etc. with timely filing of returns.
- Managing accounts and clerical staff and creating an environment wherein staff develop and excel, motivating them to excel in their duties. Ensuring a high professional standard within the accounts department.
- Liaising with auditors at year end to ensure accounts are prepared in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements; maintenance and update of associated audit file.
- Escalation and discussion of accounting and financial issues, as appropriate, with management regarding the progression and resolution of same.
- Liaison with the Sales Manager, After sales Manager, other company managers, manufacturer’s representatives, banks, credit company representatives, warranty function, internal and external auditors.
- Weekly meetings with the Financial Controller and administration team to maintain information flow and discuss relevant issues.
- Supervise and claim all manufacturers supports in line with monthly, quarterly and/or annual campaigns.
- Supervision of the payroll process.
- Identifying improvements to systems, practices and procedures within the dealership.
- Calculation of monthly sales commissions, finance income, workshop efficiencies, productivity etc. and advice to departmental managers on financial performance, margins, costs and overheads, comparing actuals to budgets.
- To ensure proper and safe custody of all cash and convertible securities on premises and in transit.
- To ensure that all confidential and sensitive data are stored and used within the requirements of the Data Protection Acts and GDPR.
- Enhance the reputation of the company at every opportunity when interacting with others.
- Motor industry experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Member of recognised Professional Accountancy body with a minimum of two year’s post qualification experience. This role will suit someone wishing to build a career in the service industry; it is an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a highly successful established company which is undertaking an expansion programme.
- Self-motivated with strong communication and numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
The company can provide a stable, industry leading and dynamic environment in which to work. The successful candidate will be provided with an excellent remuneration and benefits package including access to a company car. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday August 17th 2018. Interested candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vehicle Body Repair Technician (Panel Beater)
- Assess vehicle to establish extent of damage & deciding whether to replace or repair bodywork
- Remove/refit/replace body panels
- Stripping vehicle interior
- Repairing damaged bodywork & dents using traditional and modern techniques
- Use of jig equipment to realign chassis and body frames
- Using Puller to pull damage to structural vehicle parts and repair minor dents
- Removal of existing paint/corrosion & prepare for painting
- Removing and replacing a vehicle’s auto-electric components if damaged
- Replacement of body panels and sections, and welding them into place following manufacturer repair method
- Keep records of work carried out
- Good organisation skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to be adaptable, remain calm under pressure and maintain high standards at all times
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Paint experience desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar environment desirable
- Full clean driving licence essential
Apprentice Vehicle Body Repair Technician
A Vehicle body repairer, repairs damage to the bodywork of vehicles, ranging from scratches, dents and rust to major accident damage.
Vehicle body repairers require many skills including:
- Working with a variety of specialised hand and power tools
- Fabrication of part panels and shaping sheet metal on a workbench themselves before welding it into place.
- Application of primers such as etch primer, filler primer and surface primers.
- Spray painting and preparing new or repaired panels as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Paint finishing and polishing as per manufacturer’s instructions.
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Communicate effectively
- Solve problems
- Work independently and as part of team
- Show positive attitude and a desire to work in this industry
- Demonstrate good work practices, including time keeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality awareness and safety awareness
No previous experience required, full training provided in conjunction with Solas.
Clean driving licence essential.
The company now has openings for some qualified Technicians. The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Familiarity with modern diagnostic systems and manufacturer work practices
- Required to operate to efficiencies and productivity standards
- Able to demonstrate a process-oriented approach to large repairs and an understanding of manufacturer guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a busy service team
- Flexible approach to work and training as required
- Trained to current minimum standards on a major manufacturer desirable but not essential as full training will be given
An excellent remuneration and benefits package is provided for this role. Applications to email@example.com.
Motor Technician Apprenticeships at Cavanaghs of Charleville
What’s involved in a Motor Technician Apprenticeship at Cavanaghs? The following little video explains how the process works…