Cavanaghs of Charleville Ltd. is one of Munster’s leading dealerships, and is based on the Limerick Road, Charleville, Co. Cork. It’s a Main Ford Dealer & Transit Centre and also has a significant Aftersales and Parts business including the Hyundai Aftersales agency. It has won the Ford Chairman’s Award of Excellence multiple times within the Ford Network, a current Deloitte Best Managed Company and also is a past winner of the prestigious Franchised Dealer of the Year Award from the SIMI. The company currently employs 60 full time staff.
We are currently taking applications for the following positions:
Parts and Accessories Manager
This position requires leadership, organisation and delegation skills in leading a team in the sale and supply of parts and accessories in a high-volume facility with due care and attention to all parties in the process. The successful candidate will have the drive to lead the team while striving to achieve targets for sales and profit. The sale of parts and accessories and the control of parts stocking are the main responsibilities inherent in this important role.
Reporting to the Aftersales Manager and working closely with the Service and Bodyshop managers in particular, as the largest ‘internal’ customers, the successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Managing a busy Parts Department with a team of three Parts Advisors and overseeing the daily throughput of parts to ensure timely supply to both the Workshop and Bodyshop, in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Overseeing the daily throughput of parts to ensure timely supply to ‘external’ customers in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Development of parts sales to Trade customers.
- Management of customer relationships particularly ‘external’ Trade customers.
- Assisting the parts team in advising customers of necessary parts requirements including estimates of cost; and in making recommendations to all customers regarding parts and accessories for their vehicles.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained at a high level and that customer satisfaction ratings are maintained above the target levels set by manufacturers.
- Creating an environment wherein staff develop and excel, motivating them to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Ensuring a high professional standard within the Parts and Accessories business area, monitoring each advisor’s ability and output; and ensuring training is provided when needed.
- Escalation and discussion of customer care issues, as appropriate, with management, regarding the progression and resolution of same.
- Ensuring all Parts Advisors are kept up to date on Service Bulletins / Recalls / Price Updates / Special Offers; and general communications from Ford and Hyundai.
- Liaison with the Workshop and Bodyshop teams regarding the parts supply pipeline to ensure that parts are available when vehicle works are scheduled.
- Weekly meetings with staff and departmental managers to maintain information flow and discuss issues arising related to staff and customers.
- Control and invoicing of parts sales in a timely manner. Control of parts reorder levels and stocking levels.
- Supervision of all aspects of Parts Administration and responsibility for Perpetual and Periodic Stock Checking as required.
- Working with the parts team to achieve targets for sales, stock turnover etc. for the Parts Department as a business unit.
- Motor industry experience is an advantage, but not essential.
- Candidates with previous parts sales and/or parts management experience may apply.
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
The company can provide a stable, industry leading and dynamic environment in which to work. The successful candidate will have access to a company car and an excellent remuneration and benefits package. The end date for receipt of applications is Thursday January 31st 2019. Interested candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
The company now has openings for some qualified Technicians. The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Familiarity with modern diagnostic systems and manufacturer work practices
- Required to operate to efficiencies and productivity standards
- Able to demonstrate a process-oriented approach to large repairs and an understanding of manufacturer guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a busy service team
- Flexible approach to work and training as required
- Trained to current minimum standards on a major manufacturer desirable but not essential as full training will be given
An excellent remuneration and benefits package is provided for this role. Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motor Technician Apprenticeships at Cavanaghs of Charleville
What’s involved in a Motor Technician Apprenticeship at Cavanaghs? The following little video explains how the process works…