Cavanaghs of Charleville Ltd. is one of Munster’s leading dealerships, and is based on the Limerick Road, Charleville, Co. Cork. It’s a Main Ford Dealer & Transit Centre and also has a significant Aftersales and Parts business including the Hyundai aftersales agency. It has won the Ford Chairman’s Award of Excellence multiple times within the Ford Network, a current Deloitte Best Managed Company and also is a past winner of the prestigious Franchised Dealer of the Year Award from the SIMI. The company currently employs 50 full time staff.
We are currently taking applications for the following positions:
This position requires leadership, organisation and delegation skills in leading a team in the execution of mechanical operations, servicing and repairs in a high-volume service facility with due care and attention to all parties in the process.
Working closely with the Aftersales Manager, the successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Managing a busy Service Department with 12 technicians plus administration staff and overseeing the daily throughput of vehicles to ensure quality diagnosis and repairs in a timely, efficient and profitable manner.
- Assisting Service Advisors in advising customers of necessary repairs and service including estimates of cost; and in making recommendations to customers regarding preventative maintenance on their vehicles.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and quality of repairs is maintained at a high level and that customer satisfaction ratings are maintained above the target levels set by manufacturers.
- Creating an environment wherein staff develop and excel, motivating technicians to improve efficiency and productivity so that the Service Department always remains productive and profitable.
- Ensuring a high professional standard within the workshop, monitoring each technician’s ability and output; and ensuring training is provided when needed.
- Escalation and discussion of customer care issues, as appropriate, with management regarding the progression and resolution of same.
- Ensuring all technicians are kept up to date on Service Bulletins / Recalls / Updates.
- Liaison with Parts team regarding the parts supply pipeline to ensure that parts are available when works are to be completed.
- Facilitation of warranty claims procedures as required to ensure warranties are processed in time and in accordance with manufacturers’ policies and procedures.
- Weekly meetings with technical and administration teams to maintain information flow and discuss issues arising related to staff and customers.
- Control and invoicing of work in progress in a timely manner.
- Management of Electronic Vehicle Health Check process.
- Motor industry experience is a definite advantage.
- Candidates with previous mechanical and/or workshop control experience.
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a similar management role is desirable. Technical skills, knowledge and experience in the motor industry with relevant motor industry qualifications would be desirable.
- Previous fleet or commercial management experience.
- Previous experience/knowledge of software systems for managing technical teams is desirable.
The company can provide a stable, industry leading and dynamic environment in which to work. The successful candidate will have access to a company car and an excellent remuneration and benefits package. The end date for receipt of applications is currently not set. Interested candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
The company now has an opening for a qualified Technician. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Familiar with modern diagnostic systems and manufacturer work practices
- Will be required to operate to efficiencies and productivity standards
- Able to demonstrate a process-oriented approach to large repairs and an understanding of manufacturer guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a busy service team
- Flexible approach to work and training as required
- Trained to current minimum standards on a major manufacturer desirable but not essential as full training will be given
An excellent remuneration and benefits package is provided for this role. Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a Vehicle Sales Executive to join our progressive and highly respected dealership and work with an experienced team in a rapidly growing market.
The successful applicant will have many of the following skills in their CV:
- A demonstrable background in Car Sales would be an advantage though other sales roles will be considered
- Highly motivated and self-driven to achieve monthly targets and other goals
- Enthusiastic and an excellent team player
- Strong numerically (QFA qualification would be a distinct advantage)
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be organised in their approach to work and capable of learning new products
- Possess strong skills in closing deals, promoting finance and converting initial enquiries into sales
- Ensure the completion of all sales and financial paperwork accurately and able to adapt to new software systems
- Hold a current full clean driving licence
In return we can offer you a competitive basic salary, a highly motivational commission package, use of a company vehicle and a great work environment with top class software and systems in use. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in strictest confidence to: email@example.com. References will not be contacted without applicants’ prior consent.