Cavanaghs of Charleville Ltd. is one of Munster’s leading dealerships, and is based on the Limerick Road, Charleville, Co. Cork. It’s a Main Ford Dealer & Transit Centre and also has a significant Aftersales and Parts business including the Hyundai Aftersales agency. It has won the Ford Chairman’s Award of Excellence multiple times within the Ford Network, a current Deloitte Best Managed Company and also is a past winner of the prestigious Franchised Dealer of the Year Award from the SIMI. The company currently employs 50 full time staff.
We are currently taking applications for the following positions:
Qualified Vehicle Body Repair Technician (Panel Beater)
Working within our Bodyshop the preferred candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assess vehicle to establish extent of damage & deciding whether to replace or repair bodywork
- Remove/refit/replace body panels
- Stripping vehicle interior
- Repairing damaged bodywork & dents using traditional and modern techniques
- Use of jig equipment to realign chassis and body frames
- Using Puller to pull damage to structural vehicle parts and repair minor dents
- Removal of existing paint/corrosion & prepare for painting
- Removing and replacing a vehicle’s auto-electric components if damaged
- Replacement of body panels and sections, and welding them into place following manufacturer repair method
- Keep records of work carried out
- Good organisation skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to be adaptable, remain calm under pressure and maintain high standards at all times
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Paint experience desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar environment desirable
- Full clean driving licence essential
Aftersales Advisor – Mallow Dealership
Working closely with the other members of the After Sales team, the successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Managing daily appointments.
- Managing customer check-in and check-out/handover process.
- Ensuring customers are informed of work required, and that authorisation is received prior to work being actioned.
- Checking for warranty recalls and Field Service Actions and informing the customer of this work prior to commencement of the repair, ensuring pre-authorisation from the customer.
- Ensuring that all warranty requirements are met prior to commencement of any works.
- Liaison with Manufacturer in relation prior approval of repairs or replacement vehicles when required.
- Making recommendations to customers for preventative maintenance on their vehicles.
- Managing the entire customer relationship from check-in through to handover to maintain good Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) ratings for the dealership.
- Working alongside the Parts Department ensuring all relevant parts are available prior to the vehicle being booked in, ensuring minimum disruption to the customer.
- Assisting the Parts Manager in the daily operation of the parts department when required.
- Assisting the workshop controller in the allocation of work and management of same through the workshop.
- Promoting After Sales service in a positive manner when dealing with customers and traders alike.
- Being proactive in his or her ideas to promote After Sales business.
This position requires excellent administrative, organisation and communication skills. The ability to multi task and manage multiple concurrent activities will be essential.
Experience in a similar role within the Motor Industry is desirable but not essential. Full induction and training will be provided.
Basic technical knowledge or a desire to learn or develop same is desirable.
CV with Cover letter to info at cavanaghs dot com.
The company now has openings for some qualified Technicians. The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Familiarity with modern diagnostic systems and manufacturer work practices
- Required to operate to efficiencies and productivity standards
- Able to demonstrate a process-oriented approach to large repairs and an understanding of manufacturer guidelines
- Ability to work as part of a busy service team
- Flexible approach to work and training as required
- Trained to current minimum standards on a major manufacturer desirable but not essential as full training will be given
An excellent remuneration and benefits package is provided for this role. Applications to email@example.com.
Motor Technician Apprenticeships at Cavanaghs of Charleville
What’s involved in a Motor Technician Apprenticeship at Cavanaghs? The following little video explains how the process works…